20220525

Friday June 25, 1982

 Went out and bought Ally a Minton Haddon Hall egg cup for our anniversary. Spent £3.30. 

YP: nothing momentous. YP dull. I spend all my time buried under my family trees to deaden the boredom of work. Ah well, only another 40 years to go. 

Home to my Pigeon at 6. We watched Glenda Jackson and the ghastly Vanessa Redgrave in 'Mary Queen of Scots', which I do not like. Still, it's better than the dreadful World Cup.

Dave L phoned and chatted for ages about nothing in particular. His South Yorkshire accent is becoming more pronounced. He's probably going to Chaplin's tomorrow with his Bradford teacher friends, and wants to know if Ally and I fancy a visit to the Warehouse on July 8 to see a band called 'Blancmange'. Ally turned her nose up at this. We went to bed and read our books.

-=-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Saturday March 21, 1987

 Moorhouse Inn, Leeds LS11 5NQ As you have no doubt fathomed by now our plans to move from the Moorhouse have grounded on the rocks of apath...