20220525

Saturday June 26, 1982

 Rose early and took up my paint brush and went off outside. The atmosphere indoors was frosty because we were having talks on the viability of going to Chippy's party in Leeds tonight. Obviously, it will be a disgusting affair, with Sunday exterminated because of it. I know deep down inside that it would be a mistake to go, but refused to admit it. Ally furious at the way I'm prepared to apparently spoil our first wedding anniversary in such a way. By 4:30 it was decided. I backed down. And no we don't go. I phoned Sue and told her. They are taking John, who must be making a big impact because he is now a regular Thursday night reveller.

At 5 we went to 'Cheap and Cheerful' and spent £55 on a delightful wardrobe [Sandalwood]. Exquisite. It has transformed our bedroom into the royal suite at Blenheim Palace. Home at 5:30. Pouring rain. The shop owner helped me carry the furniture to our bedroom. When he left we celebrated our purchase by reclining in a state of undress admiring our purchase. Ally reads me like a book. A fine polished wardrobe eases the pain of my missing out on a party.  Lasagne. Bed with Elizabeth I by Neville Williams.

-=-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Saturday May 19, 1984

A warm, gentle day. Ally and I took off to town with Samuel at 1pm. We didn't take the pram and I carried baby for two hours, by the end...