20220630

Friday July 30, 1982

 Ally's neck has recovered, but it's her tummy that's the culprit now. __________.

I returned from a hard day at the office to find her oblivious of the time reclining on the sofa beneath the ridiculous Susan Howatch tome. Her inner clock had switched off at 3 o'clock. We ate beef burgers in buns with chips and beans - good stodgy food. 

Freda Dudley Ward
A documentary on BBC2 featured Lord Mountbatten talking about his friendship with King Edward VIII. He stated that Freda Dudley Ward left the Prince of Wales [later Edward VIII] for the Marquis de Casa Maury. This is not so. Edward VIII jilted Freda after 18 years or so for the arms of Thelma, Viscountess Furness. Poor Louis [Mountbatten]. It's hard to imagine he's been dead for three years.

I varnished the new wood, and squabbled with Ally. We always fight when I work. She went off to bed quite jaded. I followed covered in varnish.

-=-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Saturday May 19, 1984

A warm, gentle day. Ally and I took off to town with Samuel at 1pm. We didn't take the pram and I carried baby for two hours, by the end...