20220630

Monday August 2, 1982

 Bank Holiday in Scotland & the Republic of Ireland

Duke of York?
Hot and sticky. Ally up in leaps and bounds, singing in her bath. All's right with the world. We went outside at 8 and pecked at each other, somewhat sheepishly, in the street. We do not miss the car.

YP dismal. Sat contemplating my next published genealogical work. Could I fool Jonathan Margolis into thinking that Prince Andrew is to be created Duke of York on his return from the Falklands? I looked into the history of the dukedom and passed a few hours.

Hung more polystyrene lining paper whilst listening to someone on ITV blabbing on about police corruption. Annoying. Lynn phoned and asked whether it's wise to include David G in Dad's leaving party on Sept 14. I said it is. She wasn't impressed. Women. Giovanni's is booked. Bed. Hot and clammy. Restlessness.

-=-


No comments:

Post a Comment

Saturday May 19, 1984

A warm, gentle day. Ally and I took off to town with Samuel at 1pm. We didn't take the pram and I carried baby for two hours, by the end...