20220630

Wednesday July 28, 1982

 Ally woke this morning and couldn't move her head. She fell asleep nursing Susan Howatch. It's given her a stiff neck. I went to work leaving her paralysed and in great pain.

Kathleen off. I told the EP newsdesk about the engagement of Viscount Ingleby's daughter, Sarah, to a Hervey-Bathurst.

I took a half day and returned to Piggy at 1 o'clock. I walked in and she took one look at me and burst into tears. It's hideous to see her so. I took a walk to the chemist and bought a tube of something to rub on the painful spot, and before long I was stripped to the waist rubbing away upon her like a Turkish masseur. She found some relief, but cut a sorry figure. 

_______. Afternoon TV is most odd. Things about wild birds followed by family quiz shows. 

Spoke to Mum who expressed concern at Ally's condition. I think Lynn might have been spreading doom and despondency.

-=-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Saturday May 19, 1984

A warm, gentle day. Ally and I took off to town with Samuel at 1pm. We didn't take the pram and I carried baby for two hours, by the end...