20231114

Wednesday January 18, 1984

 Full Moon

5, Club Street, Lidget Green, Bradford

At 7:30 I was flat out in bed and dead to the world. Ally feeding our beautiful son. The boy has such eyes. If we could only know what he is thinking as he holds his mother's hand as he feeds. Mum phoned to say they are coming. I went out to buy cotton wool balls. It's slushy under foot still. Mum and Dad came at lunchtime and we toasted Samuel in Charles VII champagne. Dad took me to town as Ally fed the boy and he visited the bank and took me to the register office where I have Samuel certified. They have changed the shape of birth certificates. I came away clutching two copies. To Mothercare. I spent £141 on a pram (blue), and harness, &c. Dad was horrified at the price. He says my pram cost £15 in 1955, but then he only earned £9 a week in those days, and so it's all relative. We carried the boxes to the car and returned home. Dad isn't used to town traffic and he dodged in and out like James Hunt coming back to Lidget Green. At home we erected the pram. Mum says she will be able to have her pearl wedding celebrations at the Moorhouse. An excellent idea. We sat looking at the baby and he sat looking at us. ________. They left at 8 to avoid Les Gledhill who sauntered in at 8:30. He had me signing wads of documents. I am to take over the Moorhouse Inn on 2nd/7th February, but Les is so very vague. "You'll get about seven thousand-ish" he muttered. He stood looking at my books mocking the royal family. He then spent ages looking at my map of Sussex. I bet he's a lonely guy. Felt tired, but happy. Samuel slept until after 10 and Ally fed him in bed. He much prefers her left side to the right. 

-=-


No comments:

Post a Comment

Saturday May 19, 1984

A warm, gentle day. Ally and I took off to town with Samuel at 1pm. We didn't take the pram and I carried baby for two hours, by the end...