20260914

Thursday March 5, 1987

 Moorhouse Inn, Leeds LS11 5NQ


One of those awful days when I was keyed up and ready to have a heart attack. We played the Fisherman's Hut pool team, from Pool in Wharfedale, in the competition here, and during the evening when I was in the bar with no staff an old boy - a friend of Joe House - collapsed in the porch and the Fisherman's Hut landlord called for an ambulance and sat with him and his two companions until the emergency services arrived. Then he, the Fisherman's Hut guy, launched a vicious attack upon me saying how disgusted he was that I that continued 'pulling ale' whilst an OAP lay bereft in my foyer. When I tried to reason with him he argued that normal publican would have switched off his beer pumps and given first aid to the victim instead of taking money and 'turning a blind eye'. I was livid, like a wounded beast. I hadn't even been party to this pathetic scene, the porch being out behind closed doors away from the active body of the pub. Sod them all.

Dinda Fermor-Hesketh [nee Hunt] wife of John Fermor-Hesketh, gave birth to a daughter, Alice Mary Louisa, on March 5.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sunday March 8, 1987

 Moorhouse Inn, Leeds LS11 5NQ 1st Sunday in Lent David Andrew Baker is 31. Aunty Mabel is 68.  [To be continued]