Moorhouse Inn, Leeds
Before I go any further I must say I have just been watching Channel 4 (midnight) and the Bishop of London [Graham Ellison] talking such sense about his opposition to the ordination of women. He really should be translated to Canterbury instead of that namby pamby [Robert] Runcie. In the words of 'Private Eye' - "why ordain women when we have Robert Runcie?" Have you noticed that women with leanings towards ordination are always 'butch'? Short cropped hair, no make-up, deep, husky voices, &c? However, I am not a practicing member of the Church of England and perhaps should keep my mouth shut.
Samuel went to his school at Roundhay for the morning. He calls it 'the school with the bell' because it has an old fashioned bell tower. LG came here. He immediately calmed me re his letter of last Friday saying I have got the stick by the wrong end and that he meant no offence. We told him we had visited Whitby and Scunthorpe he jumped in and said he wasn't 'rushing us' and wants us to consider carefully, &c. "Will Scuntehorpe be different to Leeds?" &c. He was very jovial and honest. He is always at loggerheads with Ally and is forever having to say: "Ah, but you have a brain which is a rare thing among Sam Smith managers". &c.
Lord Londesborough has married one Rikki Morris.
Lady Muir-Mackenzie gave birth to a daughter on Sunday.
-=-
No comments:
Post a Comment