20260916

Wednesday March, 11, 1987

 Moorhouse Inn, Leeds LS 11 5NQ

Have I told you about Anthony Ronald Brotherwood's birthday party? He is 40 on Monday and his wife Margaret the Mouth with Mr C.H. Ratcliffe has arranged a surprise party for Tony and for all his long-lost acquaintances. John has invited me and Chris has phoned to see if I can find some ale. Chris was his old "1973 self". I would be so pleased to rekindle some old friendships because life can become very insular don't you think?

Dad and Clementine.
LG came yesterday at 3pm to put a Sam Smiths 'stout' button on my PLU. He was extremely amenable. He can be nothing else  when his employee is 70 per cent up on last year, and a clean, reliable 32 year-old to boot. He asked me how Dad is coping and I told him that he was upstairs. I was surprised that LG could remember all the facts about Dad, the details: Mum's passing/Horton/the police, &c. Looking seriously over his glasses he said: "Why don't we get him doing relief work?" Enough said. It isn't Dad's scene. Dad left at 2:30 for Mr Carlile's [dentist]. He is having gold teeth, like the villain in the Bond film.

Question: If male priests can be unfrocked, women priests will, when they eventually arrive, be "debagged"

The engagement is announced between Henry, Marquess of Worcester, eldest son of the Duke and Duchess of Beaufort, of Badminton House, Gloucestershire, and Tracy, younger daughter of the Hon. Peter Ward, of Cornwell Manor, Kingham, Oxfordshire, and the Hon. Mrs Claire Ward, of Callow Street, London.

A drugs trial involving the Countess of Cassillis was postponed yesterday when two Crown witnesses were unable to attend Ayr Sherrif Court. The Countess, 26, through Mr Ross Harper, her solicitor, denied possessing quantities of cannabis and amphetamines at her home at Kirkoswald, Strathclyde, last July.

-=-


No comments:

Post a Comment

Friday March 13, 1987

 Moorhouse Inn, Leeds LS11 5NQ Saw Caroline again. She handed me a flimsy garment for my 'Tarzan act' tomorrow. Bloody hell, I take ...