20261009

Friday March 20, 1987

 Moorhouse Inn, Leeds LS11 5NQ

Peter.
Peter James Nason is 29 today. Janette suggested that they should all come here, but we didn't expect a visit. Leeds is far too distant for remote country Guiseley dwellers. Spoke to Pete tonight. He was taking Sue to the Hare & Hounds for dinner. Julie was babysitting. I haven't spoken to Dad all week. Our phone was incapacitated for three days and besides, he never ever rings me. I   renounced Ayingerbrau lager because of my spreading girth, which revolts me. In bygone days I could stand nude before a mirror for hours admiring my lean, yet comely frame. Now I shoot past wobbling everywhere, rolls of white dimpled flesh, &c. The author of this journal is 32 and takes no exercise. It's not that I eat too much I'm sure.

From last week's Western Gazette. "Wanted , full-sized Globe of the World on stand or similar. Good price paid ..."

Simon Brett , who has spent many hours trawling through diaries by Pepys, Queen Victoria, Evelyn Waugh and other daily writers for his new "Book of Diaries", keep a diary himself. He tells the writer of the Telegraph Peterborough column: "Took kids to school, worked on book, had lunch, worked on book, collected kids, had dinner, watched TV". And it's the same every day.

Brig. Ian Macalister, the 13th Laird of Achnacone, Argyllshire, who has died aged 91, was the first British officer to land on French soil and the first to be mentioned in despatches in 1914.

Sir Michael Gore-Booth, Bt, who has died aged 78, was the invalid ward of court whose 3,000-acrre estate at Lissadell, Co. Sligo, was the subject of a celebrated court case. [see detail in journal].

-
=-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Saturday March 21, 1987

 Moorhouse Inn, Leeds LS11 5NQ As you have no doubt fathomed by now our plans to move from the Moorhouse have grounded on the rocks of apath...