20261008

Tuesday March 17, 1987

 Moorhouse Inn, Leeds LS11 5NQ

St Patrick

Up at 7:50 very hungover to find Bev waiting for her lift to Roundhay. I went down in my old battered dressing gown to phone a taxi but Bev insisted on going by bus. She is a saint. Ally suggests we buy her some pesetas. [She goes to Ibiza, 6/4/87]. This is a good idea because she always declines offers of cash from me. Awful day. I am constantly reminded by Ally of my naughty antics. Sliding down banisters and groping _______. I am always very predictable, consisted, call it what you will. On Tony's 30th I had the same impact. Mr Lawson's Budget. No beer up. No cig price increase, &c. An election on June 11? We'll see.

Helen Lightbody, who has died aged 79, was the redoubtable nanny of the Prince of Wales until her retirement from royal service in 1956. A strapping Scotswoman with a broad, open countenance and beetle eyebrows, Helen Lightbody was a spinster, but in accordance with custom was accorded the courtesy title of 'Mrs'.

-=-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thursday March 19, 1987

 Moorhouse Inn, Leeds LS11 5NQ Clemmie. Clemmie has cut her first tooth. Ally thought she could feel it yesterday and today I felt the tiny ...