20200407

Friday January 4, 1980

_. Met Jacq at 1pm at the Ostlers which has been renovated recently. Jacq has been renovated too, and looked very well. We discussed Christmas. She told me that Paul is currently playing in 'Sleeping Beauty' at the Civic Theatre, an atrocious production. I drank too much for a lunchtime session.

Later I phoned Dave L and asked if he wanted to go out and to my surprise he agreed. I phoned Ally too, but she declined due to lack of funds, but had a change of heart and came over. We joined Sue and Pete at the Fox & Hounds. We had a good evening. David always lends a cheery presence to any gathering. He drinks pils lager shandies, and the rounds of drinks were costing £2.50.   From the Fox we drifted to the Hare. No sign of Judith, but had a chat with Willie, who is as mad as ever. Saw Carole and Mick Lynch but we didn't converse. Dave left us and Ally, Sue, Pete and I went on to the 'Green Light' Indian on Manningham Lane, where we ate curry with our fingers. Back to Club Street where we consumed vast quantities of red wine. Before Susan and Peter left we discussed baby names for our future offspring and they dissolved in fits of laughter when I said that a future son of mine might well be Rupert Rhodes.

-=-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Saturday May 19, 1984

A warm, gentle day. Ally and I took off to town with Samuel at 1pm. We didn't take the pram and I carried baby for two hours, by the end...