20200409

Sunday January 13, 1980

_. 1st Sunday after Epiphany

Up at almost noon to find myself in a sleeping bag with my head up Dave G's chimney piece. Dave was laughing. Evidently I was talking about cheese in my sleep. Blimey, I've heard about cheese making one dream, but dreaming about cheese is another more disturbing matter. Let's hope the subject of my ramblings was a sexy bit of Red Leicester.

The Hollywood
Financially embarrassed. In fact I'm down to my last quid. Out for a walk in the sunshine digesting Grandad Glynn's fried breakfast. On to the Armoury where we met Bill and Garry. Bill always laughs at my shirts [I do wear tiny collars these days] and he promised to dig out some of his old 'boot-lace' ties. Bill was a 'Teddy Boy' 20 years ago. I suppose it amuses him to see the old fashions creeping back in. Can you believe he is 40 next week?

Back to the Hollywood for the last few until closing at 2pm. Slept in an armchair upstairs. Dave watching football on the telly. I have a great warmth for Jim and Lily Glynn, who always welcome me like one of the family.

To Manchester with Dave and Garry at 7:30 and I got the 8:45 coach back over the Pennines. Guiseley for 10:30. Frost.

-=-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Saturday May 19, 1984

A warm, gentle day. Ally and I took off to town with Samuel at 1pm. We didn't take the pram and I carried baby for two hours, by the end...