20200427

Tuesday March 18, 1980

_. Kathleen arrived at the YP this morning and calmly enquired as to whether I was sufficiently recovered, and made no snide remarks, voiced no suspicions as to the severity of my ailment, &c. I am well and truly 'off the hook'.

Blustery day today but no more snow. Ate sausages in the canteen with Sarah and Carol and escaped at 4:30 armed with a copy of the EP bearing an article on page 1 which owes its existence to me. Philip Naylor-Leyland, the Fitzwilliam heir, and eldest son of a baronet, today married Lady Isabella Lambton, daughter of the naughty Lord Lambton, who was central to the Norma Levy call-girl scandal in May, 1973. Geoff Hemingway has promised to pay me for this morsel of high society news.

Phoned Ally at the AHA. She was miserable and 'put out' by my enquiries, distracting her from the Catherine Cookson novel she's reading. I was thoroughly depressed by her sombre tones, and dismal outlook, and really wish I hadn't bothered. Such a melancholy baby. On the bright side I did receive a letter from her which was sweet. The pen does tend to make things sweeter, don't you think? On  Saturday Chippy advised me to move to Bradford and live with her. He is always very blunt, but objective. ___________.

Pete came up tonight to complete the quintet. How quiet will it be in July when Sue is gone?

A Charles Bronson film at 10:30. Bed at 12:35.

-=-




No comments:

Post a Comment

Saturday May 19, 1984

A warm, gentle day. Ally and I took off to town with Samuel at 1pm. We didn't take the pram and I carried baby for two hours, by the end...