20201116

Friday February 13, 1981

 _.To Leeds from Bradford. Very busy day until 5:30 when I left and met Dave B on Wellington Street. He brought me through to Guiseley to collect some step ladders. I opened an anonymous Valentine's day card which had been left by Ally on her way to Burley. Dave is very quiet these days. He sat, almost glum, on the drive home. It might be the pressure of business which, thank God, I am totally without. 

At Lawn Road I painted a bedroom ceiling a pale green. Ally was painting in a cupboard so I didn't see much of her. We had fish and chips with Lynn and Dave and left at about 10 o'clock. They wanted me to carry on and put gloss paint on a window but I chickened out. Felt buggered. 

Back to a deserted Pine Tops with Ally. Mum and Dad had left for Scotland with Hilda and Tony. We watched TV and went to bed at 12:30.

-=-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Saturday May 19, 1984

A warm, gentle day. Ally and I took off to town with Samuel at 1pm. We didn't take the pram and I carried baby for two hours, by the end...