20201116

Tuesday February 17, 1981

 _. Woke up at 7 feeling tired and unhealthy. I'd had a rotten dream about people leaping from the 37th floor of a large tower block. It wasn't me leaping but I could see and more particularly hear others doing so very clearly.

Busy at the YP. Phoned ten numbers from the back page of the Times for Greek holiday brochures, but then Ally phoned to say she's found a holiday for us on Paros [flying at 1am Sunday 28/6/81], but then Denise phoned to say she has found accommodation on Ios, but still looking for a flight. So we can go with either one. Ally came home laden with brochures at 7:30 and we rummaged fruitfully. She looked quite devastating tonight.________. We also discussed wedding photographs and decided that on Saturday we will go to Otley in search of a lucky photographer. She left at 10:45 in Audrey [the car]. I drank weak Ovaltine and took to my bed at 11:30. Look at Peter Sellers again. Mum is worried about Dad. I think she thinks he is unwell.

News: The Social Democrats have raised £25,000 from the general public and a new HQ. Lady Diana, we are told, is now in Africa contemplating her position. Tomorrow, no doubt, she'll be spotted in Skegness. Princess Margaret and Roddy Llewellyn are in Mustique. Forty plus young people have died in a fire in Dublin.

-=-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Saturday May 19, 1984

A warm, gentle day. Ally and I took off to town with Samuel at 1pm. We didn't take the pram and I carried baby for two hours, by the end...