20201116

Saturday February 14, 1981

 _. Valentine's Day

Ally and I exchanged cards. Up at 6:30 splashing around in the bath before making scrambled eggs and bacon for my precious Ally. She spent hours dressing, and by 8:30 I was a little concerned. I wanted to be at the office on time. We went to Burley-in-W to collect Lynn and then on to Leeds where they deposited me at the YP and then went off on a shopping expedition. The little turquoise car disappeared along Wellington Street and for some minutes I could hear the girls squealing with delight and glee at the prospect of a whole day in the metropolis, buying up the contents of the shops therein.

Boring at the YP. I made my escape at 2 and joined Ally and Lynn at Jacomelli's where we had a couple of drinks. Ally pulled out a brochure and showed me pictures of her dress and the bridesmaid dresses. I know it's very bad luck to see a bride in her wedding dress before the ceremony, but does this count? On to Burley to deposit Lynn. We called on Sue and Pete and Ally showed her the dress she'll be wearing. Back to Pine Tops for 5.

We had liver and onion gravy with Yorkshire puddings, by the flicker of candle light. Snuggled like lovebirds watching TV afterwards. To bed by 12.

-=-


No comments:

Post a Comment

Saturday May 19, 1984

A warm, gentle day. Ally and I took off to town with Samuel at 1pm. We didn't take the pram and I carried baby for two hours, by the end...