20201116

Sunday February 15, 1981

 _.Septuagesima

Andrew Dixon, my future brother-in-law is 17 years old today. A Spring-like, warm day. Ate fried and grilled things again for breakfast. Ally, armed with buckets and cloths, headed out to car and spent and hour cleaning and polishing. She also took all the grime off Dad's ailing car, which surely cannot last much longer. I am never good in situations like this. Washing cars has never been at the top of my list of favourite pastimes. I would do anything to get out of it. Fortunately, Ally didn't expect me to help.

We later watched Spike Milligan in 'The Bed Sitting Room' or something, which was hilarious. Mum, Dad, Hilda and Tony came in after tea looking wan but pleased with the visit north. Hilda and Tony very impressed with Corner House Cottage. To bed at 1am.

-=-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Saturday May 19, 1984

A warm, gentle day. Ally and I took off to town with Samuel at 1pm. We didn't take the pram and I carried baby for two hours, by the end...