20201116

Thursday February 19, 1981

 _. Dismal day. At tea I mentioned to Mama that Frank Dixon expects me to pay for the wedding cars and flowers. She almost choked on her Brooke Bond. Obviously, Mum and Dad want to contribute. I am, she says, worth every penny. 

Ally came over at 8 and we went to the Fox for a few sombre hours. She is upset and embarrassed about the confusion over the wedding finances, and thrown into a depression for the duration of the evening.

Back at Pine Tops at 10:30 to see Jim, Margaret, Mum and Dad. 

Prince Andrew is 21 years old today, but no public celebrations of this auspicious occasion took place. The Lord Mayor of York has petitioned the Queen to create her second son Duke of York, but of course she didn't do so. I'm not in the least bit surprised. It took HM six years after coming to the throne to create her eldest son Prince of Wales, and Princess Anne stands as much chance of becoming the Princess Royal as I do. And look at Peter Phillips? Why isn't he Marquess of Sussex?

-=-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Saturday May 19, 1984

A warm, gentle day. Ally and I took off to town with Samuel at 1pm. We didn't take the pram and I carried baby for two hours, by the end...