20210228

Sunday September 6, 1981

 _. 12th Sunday after Trinity

Up at 9:30. Ally brought tea and toast to bed. Afterwards I painted the hooks holding the picture frames on the bedroom wall. They were annoying me.

I sat reading Charles II [Antonia Fraser]. Ally cooked a massive lunch, brisket, cauliflower cheese, &c. Afterwards, before 4:30, we went to bed, in the glow of a pink lamp. Tony Blackburn on the radio, very annoying, and afterwards we watched, whilst still abed, a film about the widow of an assassinated U.S president marrying a Greek shipping billionaire and living happily ever after. Of course it couldn't ever happen in real life. Watched part one of a Churchill drama with Robert Hardy playing Winston and Sian Phillips as Clemmie. Quite good.

Mum phoned to ask how the wedding went. Auntie Delia phoned. I'll give you the details tomorrow.

-=-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Saturday May 19, 1984

A warm, gentle day. Ally and I took off to town with Samuel at 1pm. We didn't take the pram and I carried baby for two hours, by the end...