20210202

Thursday June 25, 1981

 _. My last unmarried day at the YP. Made my way to Lidget Green at 6, pockets full of holiday money.

Lynn, Dave and Frances came over, and in D walked in carrying a refrigerator, a wedding present from them and from Sue, Pete, John and Maria. Within minutes it was affixed in the space that would, in a normal house, be a kitchen. We busily started freezing things. After salad sandwiches they left to make way for Frank, Bessie and Andrew. They came in at about 11:30 and the usual chaos reigned. I think they will eventually relax when the wedding day comes. We drank tea and opened presents from the Lancashire aunts.

Bed after 12. 

-=-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Saturday May 19, 1984

A warm, gentle day. Ally and I took off to town with Samuel at 1pm. We didn't take the pram and I carried baby for two hours, by the end...