20220207

Monday April 19, 1982

 No desire to climb out of bed. Ally was splashing in the bath singing like a lark. 

On Saturday at Malham we discussed joining Mum and Dad in the pub business. We haven't said as much before. I had always assumed she would be very opposed to the idea. 

Back to the YP: reading the Sunday papers. The Queen missed the Badminton Horse Trials for the first time since Prince Edward was born in 1964 to go give Canada it's new constitution. I do not like Pierre Trudeau. Princess Anne was at Badminton where she asked a photographer to 'naff off'. I do love the Royal Family. 

Ships of the Royal Navy are nearing the Falklands, and the negotiations seem to have floundered. Alexander Haig has 'shuttled' between London and Buenos Aires without success. I must say it niggles me that the United States is sitting on the fence. President Reagan should be backing us 100 per cent. His sucking up to the Argentinians is nothing short of abominable. Let us hope that in Margaret Thatcher we have a Winston Churchill.

We had chilli con carne. Bottled beer afterwards.

-=-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Saturday May 19, 1984

A warm, gentle day. Ally and I took off to town with Samuel at 1pm. We didn't take the pram and I carried baby for two hours, by the end...