20220702

Monday August 9, 1982

 Miss Jacqueline Myers is 26 today. We have heard nothing of her since Ally's birthday when, I fear, she almost came to blows with Elaine Allinson over the Falklands conflict. We sent her a card and demanded a meeting.

YP full of the usual delights. Has Henry Vyner, former owner of Studley Royal, remarried? This was today's thrilling question. I passed Mark Parry in a corridor and he said not a word about my outstanding payment. Not that I really expect him to remember little me. 

Home. Ate bacon and tomato sandwiches. Later we were both gripped with expectations of vomit, and Ally went ahead and spewed up. We collapsed into bed and lay pitifully belching and groaning. It's our first joint attack of botulism. Loving is sharing.

-=-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Saturday May 19, 1984

A warm, gentle day. Ally and I took off to town with Samuel at 1pm. We didn't take the pram and I carried baby for two hours, by the end...