20231016

Thursday December 1, 1983

 Red Lion, Thornton Road, Four Lane Ends, Bradford 8

I had a headache but by no means a bad one. I lingered in bed until 10 ignoring my publican responsibilities. Ally was up early to visit Dr Duck, who says our baby is 'cheeky' for lying with his hand sticking out and making Ally's bump look very irregular. After my lengthy stay abed I felt recuperated and suffered no further ill effects from last night. Ally has been very good about it. I cannot have been too bad as I can remember everything perfectly. I worked this evening with Jean, who is efficient. Nothing worth recording took place. Later we had cheese on toast in bed watching baby turning and kicking. Is the baby a boy? Is violent activity associated with males? I do not think people believe us when we say we are not bothered whether we have a boy or a girl. We just wish for a healthy child.

-=-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Saturday May 19, 1984

A warm, gentle day. Ally and I took off to town with Samuel at 1pm. We didn't take the pram and I carried baby for two hours, by the end...