20240619

Saturday July 14, 1984

 Moorhouse Inn

Bastile Day. Poor Louis XVI. How much more pleasant France would be with its monarchy intact. I can think of a few people here who could do with a chop from Madame Guillotine. A. Scargill to mention but a few. Dennis Skinner MP, Neil Gimmick MP, Fran O'Brien, Walter Mondale, the Rt Rev David Jenkins, Bishop of Durham, &c.

I worked today with Audrey. A dead afternoon. Audrey did this evening too, and it was similarly flat. 

Oh dear. I forgot to say last night but Jacq Sate and her brother Peter and a couple of friends came over for a few (drinks) after traveling up from the metropolis. _______. They stayed on afterwards. PC 49 came back with a clutch of elderly female relatives and a legal adviser, but I sent them packing.

-=-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Friday August 10, 1984

 Moorhouse Inn Sandy (left) and chum. My first guinea pig, Sandy, was born 20 years ago today. Blimey, what a brain I have. What a memory. O...