20240619

Friday July 13, 1984

 Full Moon

Moorhouse Inn

Friday the Thirteenth. A very busy day. Felt greatly recovered. Energetic, in fact. I made all those niggling phone calls I've been threatening to make. Oldham Signs, the cool shelf people, plumbers, &c. Spoke to Ken Gilbertson at Tadcaster about the '85 holidays and he told me only one manager had booked for next year so we should be OK. I went about afterwards with a spring in my step dreaming of the balmy breezes and golden beaches of Lanzarote in January. We do work hard and deserve a foreign trip. Ally looks so thin these days and her face is slightly pinched. Bless her, she has coped so well with the baby and the pub. People do comment on our rigorous lifestyle.

We have yet to have a visit from Fran O'Brien and suspect he is lying low until his blushes fade. Just Jane tonight. A busy one. Sammy slept and so Ally came down.

-=-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Monday October 15, 1984

 Moorhouse Inn, Leeds Phoned Horton and spoke to my prodigal parents. Ally has to go to the brewery next week on a food hygiene course and I...