20240619

Thursday July 12, 1984

 Bank Holiday in N. Ireland

Moorhouse Inn

Disgusting hangover at dawn. We woke at 6:30 when the cook banged on the door of our old room (No. 8). Bless her, she cooked us a breakfast of salty bacon and rubbery eggs. We ate alone and I passed everything on to Ally's plate. Felt ghastly. Left at 7 without seeing anyone. The dear Linnie - what memories. However, in the early hours I had gone up to bed, almost in tears, about Roy avoiding me. Or so I told Ally. I blame the brandy. Dancing with Marie to 'Two Tribes' by Frankie Goes to Hollywood was great fun. Back in Leeds for 8:30. My eyes like cherries. Felt awful all day. Serving food was a torture. I spewed up at 2:45 and went down with carrots in my hair to call last orders. Really shocking. Ally was angered and upset at my inability to fight off my hangover. She buzzed around as if we hadn't been up all night. Just Karen tonight. Margaret has gone to her brother's wedding in Kent. Not to chaotic.

-=-


No comments:

Post a Comment

Monday October 15, 1984

 Moorhouse Inn, Leeds Phoned Horton and spoke to my prodigal parents. Ally has to go to the brewery next week on a food hygiene course and I...