20200403

Sunday December 16, 1979

_. [In Ally's own hand]

...... "Feeling slightly delicate. I was made to go downstairs at noon to eat fried eggs! The faithful Spitfire managed to carry my Christmas tree and couple of 'very close friends' to Club Street. We stopped off at the 'Second West' pub in Lidget Green. Afterwards Michael and I were amazed at the skill David G showed for hanging balls, wrapping buckets with Christmas paper, &c.

Dear Auntie Nora made us all welcome later with Yorkshire puddings and roast pork... this, combined with a pre-dinner aperitif, and Riesling with the dinner, knocked us all out. The evening ended to the delightful descant tones of Michael and David snoring".

-=-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Saturday May 19, 1984

A warm, gentle day. Ally and I took off to town with Samuel at 1pm. We didn't take the pram and I carried baby for two hours, by the end...