_. Up and out to the YP early to avoid Dad. I phoned Mum at Burley but she didn't answer. I then phoned Lynn. ____. At 7pm Mum phoned me, then Dave came here to collect Dad to take him to Burley for a 'reunion'. Ally came at 8:30 and we went to the Drop. Some hideous Carol singers came in. I could have strangled them. On to Oakwood. Got thoroughly sozzled. Found a wheel trim and brought it home for Dad, at 3am. I stole into Susan's room and she informed me that Mum & Dad are once again under the same roof. Such a relief. My silly parents - behaving like Rod Stewart and Britt Ekland.
-=-
The journal of a Yorkshire lad from the age of 17 in 1973 through several decades .... Transcribing from handwritten volume to blog may take some time ...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Saturday March 21, 1987
Moorhouse Inn, Leeds LS11 5NQ As you have no doubt fathomed by now our plans to move from the Moorhouse have grounded on the rocks of apath...
-
Moorhouse Inn, Leeds LS11 5NQ Stock take at 10am. A £30 deficit. No staff. Sir John Colville's book came in the post, and I flicked thr...
-
Moorhouse Inn, Leeds LS11 5NQ Bank Holiday in Scotland Dad enters the 54th year of his age looking well, with fresh complexion, but almost ...
No comments:
Post a Comment