_. [In Ally's own hand]
"After a good two hours sleep in Michael's bed it was once again the hour of doom! I struggled to leave the warm folds of the continental quilt, and so, as usual these days, I was late for work. Just for a change, the evening was spent in each others company beginning with a visit to 7, Lawn Road, where we were greeted with delight and tumblers of whisky. I had Christmas cards waiting for me from the Pinder residence in Southampton addressed to 'C/O Mr & Mrs D. Baker'.
Michael and I left the always busy Bakers ironing and screwing brass handles on kitchen cupboard doors to spend a couple of hours in togetherness. But, as if fate wants to thwart of solitude, George Waite joined us for the remainder of the evening at the Fox and Hounds.
I think I have said enough now, so.... just remember ... Miss Melissa Teasdale, a loved one, thanks the author of this journal Michael Lawrence Rhodes for the very great honour bestowed!
-=-
The journal of a Yorkshire lad from the age of 17 in 1973 through several decades .... Transcribing from handwritten volume to blog may take some time ...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Saturday March 21, 1987
Moorhouse Inn, Leeds LS11 5NQ As you have no doubt fathomed by now our plans to move from the Moorhouse have grounded on the rocks of apath...
-
Moorhouse Inn, Leeds LS11 5NQ Stock take at 10am. A £30 deficit. No staff. Sir John Colville's book came in the post, and I flicked thr...
-
Moorhouse Inn, Leeds LS11 5NQ Bank Holiday in Scotland Dad enters the 54th year of his age looking well, with fresh complexion, but almost ...
No comments:
Post a Comment