20200727

Friday November 27, 1980

_. Up at 8:30 to make sure Ally was up and off to her appointment with her hairdresser. The diarrhoea continues. I sat with a black coffee watching the heavy black clouds rolling above. Ally left at 9:20 to rid herself of her 'greasy, unmanageable hair' [her words].

Lynn phoned. I told her to ensure her car seats are covered in polythene sheets because my bowels are not to be trusted on the looming epic journey to Winchester. At 10 it began to snow furiously and reports on the radio say the roads are treacherous throughout the land.

Lynn and Dave collected me at about 2, and we we went to pick up Ally at snow-covered Lidget Green. Her hair is permed. It's the nicest it's been. Clad in her velvet dungarees, which she wore frequently at the onset of our courtship. Good journey to Hampshire. We arrived at Martyr Worthy for 7. Bessie looks fit, but Frank vice versa. On to the Ship Inn at Bishop Sutton, with Graham [fatter] and a limping Gill. I had scampi, but left most of it. On to the Plough at 11. Tony with us. Back to Chillandham Cross at 11:30. Watched Peter Sellers in 'What's New, Pussycat?' To bed at 1:15.

-=-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Saturday May 19, 1984

A warm, gentle day. Ally and I took off to town with Samuel at 1pm. We didn't take the pram and I carried baby for two hours, by the end...