_. St Andrew's Day. Advent Sunday
I believe it's Sir Winston Churchill's birthday today - his 106th. Up at 10:30. Bright, sunny, wintry. Ally, Lynn, Dave and I walked to the Plough at 12. Joined by Graham, Gill, and Tony. Another log fire. Midge looks well, even though she is about to have a second 'big' operation on her legs. Walked back to lunch at 2. An enormous meal in the mock Hepplewhite dining room. Sumptuous.
We left at 5, arriving at snow covered Bradford at 9:30. Dropped Ally off and then on to Guiseley. It was sad leaving her. Mum and Dad were at Sue and Pete's and came in at 10:30, both very quiet.
-=-
The journal of a Yorkshire lad from the age of 17 in 1973 through several decades .... Transcribing from handwritten volume to blog may take some time ...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Thursday March 19, 1987
Moorhouse Inn, Leeds LS11 5NQ Clemmie. Clemmie has cut her first tooth. Ally thought she could feel it yesterday and today I felt the tiny ...
-
Moorhouse Inn, Leeds LS11 5NQ Stock take at 10am. A £30 deficit. No staff. Sir John Colville's book came in the post, and I flicked thr...
-
Moorhouse Inn, Leeds LS11 5NQ Bank Holiday in Scotland Dad enters the 54th year of his age looking well, with fresh complexion, but almost ...
No comments:
Post a Comment