20220127

Sunday April 4, 1982

Palm Sunday
 
Lay in bed giggling with my wife. Evidently last night the fly on my jeans was gaping open and Ally wasn't in a position to inform me of this.

Fussed around the table and made buns and things before the family came at 2:30. Sue and Peter were the first to arrive with baby Christopher, making his first visit to Club St. Lynn, Dave and Frances followed bringing Mum and Dad too. Poor Dad hobbles around like Robert Newton in Treasure Island. A pleasant Sunday afternoon of chatter and nosh. It's not often we get together these days, and even then John is missing. We only ever see him on Christmas day. Mum brought with her a postcard from John in Majorca, written in his familiar and spidery hand. Dave B gets quieter. Bed at 10.

-=-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Saturday May 19, 1984

A warm, gentle day. Ally and I took off to town with Samuel at 1pm. We didn't take the pram and I carried baby for two hours, by the end...