20220127

Sunday March 28, 1982

 British Summer Times begins - Passion Sunday

Woke up to a confusion about the time. Do we go forward or backwards? I don't suppose it matters really - with it being Sunday. Ten o'clock is very much like eleven o'clock on the sabbath. ____________.

Another day reclining. Bacon and eggs. We laid like Romans upon our couch looking out at the grey Bradford rooftops. I am very much a nosy neighbour. Mary [Moore] comes and goes. Next door I debate, to myself, why Miss Whincup hasn't pricked her tulips below the head to prevent them from wilting. Why does Mrs O'Brien's sunday dinner always smell putrid?

We dined on ox liver at 6:30. Ally looks washed out. She's visiting a lady doctor tomorrow, a Dr Duck [?], a Walt Disney character if ever there was one. Watched the drama 'Nancy Astor'. A ghastly woman.

_______ [large gynaecological ommission].

-=-


No comments:

Post a Comment

Saturday May 19, 1984

A warm, gentle day. Ally and I took off to town with Samuel at 1pm. We didn't take the pram and I carried baby for two hours, by the end...