20220127

Wednesday April 7, 1982

 Had a late birthday card today from Dave L with strong Falkland Islands theme. It was home made, of course. Bessie has been reprimanded by Ally for forgetting my 27th birthday, but a horrifed Bessie revealed that she posted a card, containing a crisp £10 note on April 1. She fears she may have put the wrong address on the envelope. Ally has contacted the PO, who have a little man who deals with such things.

Jonathan Margolis.
Jonathan Margolis phoned me and heaped great praise on my unworthy shoulders. A cheque is in the post, he said, and the powers that be at the Mail on Sunday are very impressed. I do wish I could devote more of my time to genealogical work. Surely Burke's Peerage will get to hear of my abilities before long? I couldn't possibly go to Debrett's. They are such snobs.

I never did like Argentina. The 'Evita' revival brought on by Tim Rice and Lloyd Webber held no fascination for me. Mrs Peron was a peroxide, fascist bitch. Are we soon to be at war, do you think? Defeat will see the end of the divine Margaret [Thatcher]. Oh, on the subject of Mrs Thatcher have I already told you that her number one supporter, Mel, in Hampshire, husband of the randy Barbara, has died of pneumonia, brought on by hepititis? We last saw him at Graham and Gill's on New Years Day.

-=-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Saturday May 19, 1984

A warm, gentle day. Ally and I took off to town with Samuel at 1pm. We didn't take the pram and I carried baby for two hours, by the end...