20220127

Thursday April 1, 1982

 All Fool's Day

Bob Cockroft did a spoof 'People Column' using several imaginary peers provided by me. The Marquess of Eskdale and Viscount St Ives. His phone trilled all day with fools ringing.

Pay day. I had a £10 tax rebate and went out with Piggy to Morrison's on something of a spree. Bought mackerel to make a pâté. Back home for 'Top of the Pops' and Kenny Everett. Our tv viewing was interrupted twice, once by Bessie on the blower, and then from the racket outside caused by a young man beating up his common-law wife. The police came and spoiled everything. 

John and Maria came down this evening for the Macdonald family assault on Majorca tomorrow. Oh God. What am I saying? This stuff about John is history. It all occurred last week.

Robin Day. Bed.

-=-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Saturday May 19, 1984

A warm, gentle day. Ally and I took off to town with Samuel at 1pm. We didn't take the pram and I carried baby for two hours, by the end...